Sunday, September 27, 2009

Viva Las Cupcakes!

T hese cupcakes were created for an Elvis themed birthday party. The party planners and I decided that we definitely wanted the cupcakes to say, "Niki Rocks the Big 30", but when it was time to execute this idea I really had to think it through. The cupcakes were for a mature crowd, therefore I wanted them to look sophisticated but yet spunky at the same time. I decided to use sugarpaste for the lettering and I embellished them with silver dragees (which is what really made them pop). The final project was exactly how I had envisioned it. It was a lot of fun bringing the party's theme to life, and it gave me an opportunity to get my creative juices working. All I have to say is Dimitra and Elisavet... Thank you thank you very much~Elvis~

No comments: